IT’S NATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY!!
You DO NOT need to tell me twice!
It is ON…till the BREAK of DAWN
YO!…WORD to your Mother
Holy PBJ, Batman
Feel free to chime in…
Who does NOT like chocolate??
Got a chocolate craving…like ME?
THIS brownie will put a BIG smile on your face.
Along with BIG smear marks.
NO hiding the evidence on this one, y’all!
I hope you are ready to celebrate National Chocolate Day with me!!
Share this recipe with your friends.
This could only mean MORE brownies for YOU!
(P.S….do NOT tell them Zucchini is in it)
**This recipe is Gluten-Free, for those with an intolerance to gluten**
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter that means the following ingredients should be on the label: Peanuts…that’s it!!
- ¼ cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup or date syrup
- 4 oz container Unsweetened Applesauce I use Kroger brand sauce cups (or ½ cup if measuring out)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Oats ~Use gluten free oats for gluten-free brownies
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1½ cups Shredded Zucchini
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips dairy, nut & soy free
- ¼ cup Raw Pecans then chop (nuts are optional)
- ¼ cup Raw Walnuts then chop (nuts are optional)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mega Chocolate Chunks dairy, nut & soy free
- Preheat oven to 350^.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground.
- Set grounded oats aside.
- Put the wet ingredients into a blender (peanut butter, maple syrup, applesauce, vanilla extract). You can actually put them in a large mixing bowl and use electric hand mixer (but I do not own one).
- Blend until creamy (just a few seconds).
- In a large mixing bowl, add in grounded oats, shredded zucchini, cocoa powder, blended wet ingredients, and baking soda.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the ¼ cup of mini chips, and all of the chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into 8 x 11 glass baking pan (or any size close will do)…no need to oil or use parchment paper. Spinkle ¼ cup chocolate CHUNKS over the top.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into middle comes out almost clean.
- While the brownies are in the oven, lick the spatula and bowl of all evidence, lol!!
- Cool brownies completely on wire rack, then cut into 20 squares (or whatever size you desire). FYI…normally needs to cool at least 35- 40 minutes..which is TOO LONG, in my opinion!!